Am I a Bad Person?

Here's the scenario: It's about 7:00am Sunday morning. I'm about 5 miles into a 10 mile run. It's kinda cold, I'm still half asleep, and I am (gasp) wearing an mp3 player. I am running against the traffic approaching an intersection - the streets are virtually deserted. All of a sudden a Jeep Cherokee makes a right hand turn at the corner so that it is driving towards me. It approaches me, slows, and the window starts to go down. It takes a few minutes for me to process this. My first instinct is, this isn't cool, I have no idea what this person wants, maybe this is a mob hit, and I just keep on running. After I had a second or two to digest this I realize the person was probably just looking for directions, but at that point I am at the intersection and I just keep on trucking. Mrs. Progman thinks I was rude for not helping someone out. I still don't really know what they wanted (who is looking for directions at 7:00am on a Sunday morning?) and, to be honest, didn't want to stop in the middle of a run. What would you have done?

I am very pumped reading about everyone's race plans for 2009. I definitely have some things in mind for next year. I do plan to train for a Spring marathon. I will probably enter the NYC Marathon lottery again, and if that doesn't work out, there is a certain marathon I missed this year due to injury that I wouldn't mind taking a shot at again. I think all the other cool local races will fall into place once I get those events ironed out. The main thing for me in 2009 is to stay healthy. I wish the same for everyone else - injuries suck!